Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Welcome back



I had the pleasure of spending the last four days with the Struever and Harn group. The two have been hunting together since 1947. I'm pretty certain that makes them the pair that has hunted together the longest among those appearing at the Snake Den. After a couple year hiatus, and missing their usual opening weekend spot they brought along first time bird hunter Jim who is 75 years young, and TG who has been coming with since 2002. I think I remembered all the dates correctly, but a lot were thrown at me. We had a good time, and the boys come to hunt, so when they shot their limit by 1:00 PM one day, they took a run at a few grouse and succeeded by knocking down five. It was a good time and the weather was about as good as you could ask for. We can't ask for much more than that here at the Snake Den.

No comments:

Post a Comment